Cellphones have gained importance in every person’s life. Nowadays, one cannot imagine living without a cell phone. When the cell phone becomes old, some people directly replace it with a new model, whereas, most people will replace only the damaged accessories. There are many retailers providing cell phone accessories. Likewise, there are a variety of options are available for the replacement of cell phone batteries in the market. One of the most significant features that you must look for before buying a cell phone battery, is that it should have a longer life; and maximum talk and stand-by time.
Cell phone batteries are available in myriads of properties, weight, life span, etc. Most of the people do not spend much on this, and wish to buy cheap cell phone batteries as a replacement. They look similar to the original ones. But there are drawbacks of using cheap cell phone batteries.
Let us look at a few of the drawbacks:
* When you compromise on the cost, quality cannot be guaranteed. The longevity of a cheap battery is nearly half of that of a standard battery.
* Cheap cell phone batteries do not get charged properly, and hence occasionally show ‘battery low’.
* Cheap cell phone batteries can leak due to overheating. They can even blow up, in rare cases. This will lead to ultimate damage of your cell phone, and can be a danger to you also.
Not buying cheap cell phone batteries is the best thing. But you also have to keep in mind some other things before buying a battery for your cell phone. Consider the following things:
* Buy a cell phone battery directly from the manufacturer’s outlet of your cell phone.
* Some shops may provide low-priced batteries that can be good. You have to do a thorough research and also take feedback from other users before buying.
* Check that your cell phone battery has a real retail package. If not, you can be duped with an already-used battery.
* Buy a battery that is meant for your cell phone model. Do not exchange batteries or even chargers.
Following are the types of cell phone batteries possessing different properties:
* Nickel Cadmium or NiCad: It is the oldest and cheapest variety available in the market. It is prone to memory effect. i.e It shows poor performance if frequently charged.
* Nickel Metal Hydride or NiMH: It is cheaper than the Li-Ion battery. It has longer storage period and is least affected by memory effect. It is better than the NiCad battery.
* Lithium Ion or Li-Ion: It is an advanced type of battery available in the market today. It has longer talk time as well as stand-by time. It is not at all prone to memory effect. But it is expensive.
* Lithium Polymer or Li-Poly: They are most advanced but are very expensive and rarely available.
Although replacements are available in the market, you have to take care of your cell phone battery for its longer durability. You may also have to charge your cell phone battery for 8-10 hours when you are using it for the first time. Read the article- ‘How to Improve Your Cell Phone Battery Life’- to get detailed information about increasing cell phone battery life. You can even keep an extra battery with you as it may not always be possible to charge your cell phone.
It is advisable not to use a cheap cell phone battery as it can impair your cell phone. It is always recommended to buy only a company-made cell phone battery, and not cheap cell phone batteries whatever the cost may be. You may not like spending money, but it is beneficial in the long run.